Monday, June 6, 2011

Running Update

Well it turns out that I don't have arthritis, so that's good. I have two more training runs before the 5k race on Saturday. I am very excited and a little nervous. I was starting to get into what I thought was pretty good shape, then it got hot. Trying to run when it is about 100 degrees outside makes you realize that you are not quite as fit as you thought you might be. I am going to try and run the full 5 kilometers today and Wednesday before the big race just to see how I do. Up until this point, the most I have run in one stretch has been about 2.3 miles.

In other news I have been on a really strict vegan diet for about two weeks now, eating mostly raw foods: fruit smoothies, salads, seeds, nuts. I am not enjoying it one bit. It is completely joyless and tasteless but I am losing weight very steadily. Ugggh, I just want a buttered baguette with some yummy fontina, a rib eye and a glass of Chianti. But I promised myself I would stick to this stupid diet for 28 days just to try it out. If nothing else, I am learning a little bit about self discipline. I didn't realize it before, but whenever I get bored, or upset or frustrated, I get hungry. I never realized how much I just graze in front of the refrigerator, or eat my toddler's left overs. I think that after this 28 day raw vegan experiment, I am just going to eat normally, but try and cut out those bad habits and I should be fine! No more crazy restrictive diets for me after this thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment